~ River Tree Art’s Music School ~
From private lessons to group ensembles, River Tree Arts offers the community a diverse selection of options.
** PRIVATE MUSIC LESSONS **
For Adults & Kids:
At River Tree Arts, we have an amazing group of music teachers who provide private lessons for students of all ages & abilities. Ongoing enrollment is always available. Extra lessons & vacation week lessons are available upon request & teacher availability.
Call 207-967-9120 to reserve your lessons today!
Guitar – Violin – Piano – Drums – Ukulele – Bass
2018 FALL Session: September 10 – December 20
30min = $25 / lesson
45min = $37.50 / lesson
60min = $50 / lesson
Guitar – Violin – Piano – Drums – Ukulele – Bass
Call today to set up your first lesson! (207) 967-9120
Registration Information & Policies
River Tree Arts follows the RSU 21 calendar (Kennebunk/Kennebunkport/Arundel): No classes during school vacation and snow days.
Students may register at any time; ongoing registration is always available. Students who register once a session has started will be pro-rated for the remaining number of lessons.
River Tree Arts reserves the right to discontinue lessons with students whose overdue balance is equal to or greater than the amount of TWO music lessons. Teachers will be notified and the students will receive a cancellation notice.
- Each music lesson is $25 per 30 minutes, $37.50 per 45 minutes, $50 per 60 minutes.
- Music lessons are automatically scheduled in 30 minute increments unless students request otherwise. 45 minute and 60 minute lessons are scheduled based on availability and with teacher approval.
- There are two sessions within the school year from September through June.
– Session 1: September 10 – December 20 (Make Up week December 17-20) – Session 2: Winter: January 2 – June 13 (Make Up week June 10-13)
- Students can register by session or for the entire year. Ongoing enrollment is available provided there is availability.
- A tuition payment is required at the start of each session or students can pay in full for all sessions.
- A 10% discount is available for payment in full for all sessions. Payment in full must be received in September.
- Payment may be made in full at the beginning of the session or in two equal installments each session. Payment installments dates are: (Session 1 = 9/10 & 10/29) ; (Session 2 = 01/02 & 03/15)
- There will be a $35 returned check fee imposed for any payments returned to River Tree Arts from any student’s bank.
- We accept payment by cash, check, or credit / debit card, in person, by mail, email or phone.
* RTA follows the RSU 21 school calendar. There will be no classes on holidays or vacation weeks or when there is no school. Tuition payments vary based on the actual amount of lessons students will attend.
Session 1: (September 10 – December 20) * (Make Up week = December 17 – 20)
- Monday lessons: $300 / $150 x 2
- Tuesday lessons: $350/ $175 x 2
- Wednesday lessons: $325 / $162.50
- Thursday lessons: $325 / $162.50
Session 2: (January 2 – June 13) * (Make Up week = June 10 – 13)
- Monday lessons: $450 / $225 x 2
- Tuesday lessons: $500 / $250 x 2
- Wednesday lessons: $525 / $262.50 x 2
- Thursday lessons: $525 / $262.50 x 2
- All students are allowed one trial lesson before making a commitment to a full session. Trial lessons are $25 for 30 minutes.
Make-Ups and Cancellations / Missed Lessons:
- Registering for a lesson time contracts the assigned teacher for your specific day and time weekly. Our teachers rely on having a consistent schedule. Students are allowed ONE missed lesson per session that will be made up. No refunds will be issued for any missed lessons.
- Lessons that are canceled by the teacher will be made up on designated make-up days or at an otherwise mutually agreed upon date and time.
- River Tree Arts follows the RSU21 inclement weather policy. When RSU21 is closed or issues an early dismissal then River Tree Arts is closed and lessons will be canceled.
- There are two makeup weeks built into the calendar for cancellations made by River Tree Arts. No refunds are issued for snow days and instead a maximum of (2) missed lessons due to inclement weather will be made up. An arrangement will be made for additional missed lessons.
- Make-up lessons may or may not take place on the same day and time as your current lesson.
Withdrawal from the Program
- To withdraw from the music program before the end of the year, students and/or guardians must send written notification to Kym Mabee (email@example.com) with two weeks advance notice. The two weeks will start after communication has been received and acknowledged in writing.
- A prorated refund will be issued for the amount remaining after the two week notification date.
- If a student has not been attending regular lessons and then calls to withdraw, we are not able to issue a refund for any of the lessons previously missed.
- All River Tree Arts students are expected to behave with the highest level of respect when engaging with our faculty, staff, facilities, equipment and other students.
- River Tree Arts reserves the right to immediately end any lesson due to disciplinary problems with any student.
- Disciplinary infractions of any kind will first be referred to the parents directly from the faculty member.
- If problematic behavior continues, the faculty member will include River Tree Arts staff and advisors in order to determine the appropriate disciplinary action.
- Disciplinary action may result in termination from the music program.
- Refunds will not be provided for withdrawal as a result of disciplinary action.
Emergency Closings/Inclement Weather:
RTA follows the RSU 21 snow day / inclement weather policy; When RSU 21 closes due to inclement weather; all group classes and private music lessons will be canceled. If RSU 21 has early dismissal, there will be no afterschool classes / lessons. River Tree Arts reserves the right to cancel courses, substitute instructors, change course times, and limit enrollment.
We thank you for your patronage. We strive to provide each student with high quality instruction from fine instructors. Please feel free to contact River Tree Arts with any questions or concerns. We look forward to a wonderful year.