We open our space for students to work on their own creations in the River Tree Arts’ space with guidance from one of our teachers. We have open studio time for ceramics, Fridays, 5:00PM-7:30PM, as well as for sewing, every other Monday from 10:00AM-12PM.
During Open Studio, we welcome those with previous ceramic experience to share our space, equipment, and materials to create with clay. Open Studio is recommended for those who are familiar with the ceramic process, don’t need hands-on instruction, and feel confident working independently. Open studio time is reserved for adults who have taken a ceramics class at River Tree Arts within the past 5 years and are currently members. Want to renew your membership? Just click here!
Before registering for time in the studio, please keep these points in mind:
- $20 per person for a 2.5-hour session
- $40 for 25lb of clay (clay can be purchased here, not included in studio fee)
- You must sign in and sign out in studio room
- Please ensure tools and equipment returned to proper place and the room left clean
- You might not want to dress in your best attire; art can be messy!
Please click any of the dates below to register for ceramics studio time.
Friday September 22, 5:00-7:30PM
Friday September 29, 5:00-7:30PM
Friday October 6, 5:00-7:30PM
Friday October 13, 5:00-7:30PM
Friday October 20, 5:00-7:30PM
Friday October 27, 5:00-7:30PM
Friday November 3, 5:00-7:30PM
Friday November 17, 5:00-7:30PM
We would like to provide a space for our students who are taking a sewing class at River Tree, as well as anyone who has sewing experience but is not currently enrolled, to work on their sewing projects. Our adult sewing instructor, Satsi Schimelpfenig, will be there to advise on current projects being taught to those enrolled in her” Learn to Sew” class, as well as provide some suggestions and guidance to those who are not.
Please click any of the dates below to register for sewing studio time.
- Don’t dress in your best attire for art classes; art can get messy!
- Please read all of River Tree Arts’ Policies and Procedures before registering for any event.